· Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis has been in operation since 1960.
· The first event at Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis was held on the dragstrip in 1960.
· The first oval race was in 1961 on the dirt. A. J. Foyt won that first event.
· The facility was recently renamed Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis following a multiyear, sponsorship agreement with Lucas Oil Raceway.
· Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis is on 267 acres of land and has three racetracks. A .686-mile oval, quarter-mile dragstrip, and 2.5-mile, 15-turn road course make up this multipurpose facility.
· Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis is the home of the NHRA U. S. Nationals, the most prestigious drag race in the world. The event is held annually during Labor Day weekend.