This week at Lucas Oil Raceway is nothing short of a busy one. We have a few fun-filled events coming up that you will not want to miss out on!
Wednesday, June 14-
Street Legal Drags and Testing
Who Can Race? Wild Wednesday is Lucas Oil Raceway's weekly test and tune program open to anyone who meets the following requirement:
For street legal portion of the night any Licensed Driver (must show license in order to pass tech) those under 18 but licensed must have a minor release signed by parents. If you are a minor and would like to take part in the 2017 Wild Wednesday Street Legal and Slick Tire Test and Tune, you MUST have a completed and signed minor waiver before you will be allowed on track. You can download the form. You MUST have both parents sign the waiver and have the form notarized. If you don’t have a minor waiver on file, you will NOT be allowed to race.
Pit Gate Opens at 5:00 PM EDT
Racing Begins at 5:30 PM
Spectators ONLY $10.00!
Kids 12 & Under FREE!
Racer Car & Driver $25.00
How To Race?
Pass Basic NHRA Inspection Rules per the current Year Rulebook. NHRA 2017 RULEBOOK is on sale in the main office.
The following are requirements for street legal vehicles:
1. Shorts are NOT PERMITTED when racing and a shirt with sleeves is required to race.
2. Seat belts must be properly mounted.
3. All windows must be present and in good shape and rolled up fully when racing. (no cracks)
4. All automatic transmissions must have operational neutral safety switches.
5. Doors handles operational inside & out.
6. Battery cannot be in driver’s compartment and the battery must have 3/8 bolts to hold it in place.
7. Batteries that are relocated in the trunk must have external cut off switch to the rear of the vehicle labeled "CUT OFF."
8. Radiator must have proper overflow catch tank.
9. Tires must be in good condition.
10. Carburetor must be covered: if there is no hood, live fan must be removed but an electric fan is OK.
11. Carburetor must have two return springs installed.
12. Rear seat must be installed or sheet metal covering or trunk bulkhead must be installed.
13. Convertibles must run with top up and driver MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL, 2010 or newer rating.
14. All vehicles must have at least one working taillight.
15. All hubcaps and trim rings must be removed.
16. All drivers running vehicles 13.99 or quicker MUST have a helmet meeting the SNELL, 2010 or newer rating.
17. Slicks are allowed.
18. NO PASSENGERS ARE PERMITTED!
19. If you run quicker than 9.99 seconds you must have an NHRA license.
20. Unaltered 2008 OEM model-year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135MPH do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series roll bar and roll cage requirements, all drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series helmet and protective clothing requirements.
The following are requirements for street legal motorcycles:
1. Drivers MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL, 2010 or newer rating.
2. Motorcycle must have a kill switch with lanyard if 11.99 or quicker.
3. Driver must have leather jacket.
4. Driver must have leather pants if 120mph or faster.
5. Driver must wear full finger leather gloves.
6. Driver must have leather high top shoes or boots.
7. Motorcycle must have a chain guard.
8. Motorcycle must have working taillight.
9. Motorcycle throttle must spring return.
10. Nitrous oxide is allowed, if securely mounted-DOT regulated.
11. Slicks are allowed.
12. No three-or four-wheelers of any kind.
13. If you run quicker than 9.99 seconds you must have an NHRA license.
For further information, come to the track on scheduled Wednesday nights and talk with the TECH personnel, or call Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis at 317-969-8600. NHRA rulebooks are on sale for $10.00 each. Look at the E.T. Bracket section and the General regulations sections for specific rules and requirements.
Thursday, June 15- T
he Power Tour comes to Indy!
STOP 6, Thursday, June 15, Indianapolis, IN: Lucas Oil Raceway, 10267 US-136, Indianapolis, IN 46234. Spectator Parking Fee: $10.00 Spectators should enter through the Main Gate on US-136. Participants should enter through Gate 8 on County Rd 1000 E.
Friday, June 16-
Heads Up Racing! June 16th
New to 2017, Lucas Oil Raceway will operate 5 Indy Grudge Series events. These events will include two classes of 16 car fields competing as part of a Heads Up class.
The dates will be June 16th, June 23, July 28th, August 18th, and October 6th. Gates will open at 5 PM with racing starting at 5:30 PM and going until final rounds of Outlaw and Real Street. There will be qualifying if there are more than 16 cars trying for each class. Don't want to race? Come out and test as part of a Slick Tire test and tune only class. Looking to race but not as part of the 16 car classes? Join our Grudge Class where you and another racer can mutually agree to race head to head for bragging rights!
$65 to enter a car under the Real Street Class
$100 to enter the Outlaw Class
$50 to test (no NHRA Membership) / $40 to Test with an active NHRA Membership
$15 Crew (access to start line)
$10 Spectator (no access to start line)
Kids 12 and under are free with adult
Want to be a part of the series as a sponsor? Contact Dustin Rumple to see how you can get involved! firstname.lastname@example.org / 317-969-8639
To download or print the rules: CLICK HERE
Outlaw: Full 16 car field - $1000 to win, $400 to runner up, $150 to semis. Four Car Minimum field - $750 to win, $250 to runner up.
Real Street: Full 16 car field - $750 to win, $250 to runner up, $75 to semis. Four Car Minimum field - $500 to win, $125 to runner up.
Payouts will close 15 minutes following final round of eliminations. Payouts will be in the form of a check, so racers must fill out a W-9. To fill out a W-9 in advance, CLICK HERE
o Real Street Rules
o Outlaw Rules
o Grudge/Call Out Class Rules
o Test and Tune Rules
Map and Parking
Saturday, June 17 and Sunday, June 18-
Enter Gate 8 from County Road 1000 on the Westside of the Dragstrip.
Pit on the Westside unless otherwise noted.
Gate 8 will be open early for overnight stacking
Pit Gate Opens at 8:00 AM EDT
Time Trials Begin at 10:00 AM
Eliminations Immediately Follow Time Trials
Crew - $15
Spectator - $15
Kids 12 & Under FREE
Brown's Oil Service Car & Driver:
Hunt and Sons Super Pro - $60
M&K Sport Coach Pro ET - $50
Beach Automotive Sportsman - $35
Junior Dragster - $25
G&G Metal Spinners Super Pro Bike - $35
All racers must fill out a W-9 each year to receive payment.
Click on the following link for the form W-9
If sending in a W-9 after a race please note the following on the form:
Which race, car class, and racers name
For a printable schedule, CLICK HERE