Wild Wednesday pres. by IndyRPM
Wild Wednesday presented by IndyRPM is Lucas Oil Raceway's weekly test and tune program open to anyone who meets the following requirement:
Who Can Race?
For street legal portion of the night any Licensed Driver (must show license in order to pass tech) those under 18 but licensed must have a minor release signed by parents. If you are a minor and would like to take part in the 2015 Wild Wednesday Street Legal and Slick Tire Test and Tune, you MUST have a completed and signed minor waiver before you will be allowed on track. You can download the form. You MUST have both parents sign the waiver and have the form notarized. If you don’t have a minor waiver on file, you will NOT be allowed to race.
Enter the Main Gate from U.S. Hwy 136 (Crawfordsville Road)
Pits in the paved “Pro Pits” on the Eastside of Dragstrip
Pit Gate Opens at 5:00 PM EDT
Racing Begins at 5:30 PM
Spectators ONLY $5.00!
Kids 12 & Under FREE!
Racer Car & Driver $20.00
How To Race?
Pass Basic NHRA Inspection Rules per the current Year Rulebook. NHRA 2015 RULEBOOK is on sale in the main office.
The following are requirements for street legal vehicles:
1. Shorts are NOT PERMITTED when racing and a shirt with sleeves is required to race.
2. Seat belts must be properly mounted.
3. All windows must be present and in good shape and rolled up fully when racing. (no cracks)
4. All automatic transmissions must have operational neutral safety switches.
5. Doors handles operational inside & out.
6. Battery cannot be in driver’s compartment and the battery must have 3/8 bolts to hold it in place.
7. Batteries that are relocated in the trunk must have external cut off switch to the rear of the vehicle labeled "CUT OFF."
8. Radiator must have proper overflow catch tank.
9. Tires must be in good condition.
10. Carburetor must be covered: if there is no hood, live fan must be removed but an electric fan is OK.
11. Carburetor must have two return springs installed.
12. Rear seat must be installed or sheet metal covering or trunk bulkhead must be installed.
13. Convertibles must run with top up and driver MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL, 2005 or newer rating.
14. All vehicles must have at least one working taillight.
15. All hubcaps and trim rings must be removed.
16. All drivers running vehicles 13.99 or quicker MUST have a helmet meeting the SNELL, 2005 or newer rating.
17. Slicks are allowed.
18. NO PASSENGERS ARE PERMITTED!
19. If you run quicker than 9.99 seconds you must have an NHRA license.
20. Unaltered 2008 OEM model-year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135MPH do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series roll bar and roll cage requirements, all drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series helmet and protective clothing requirements.
The following are requirements for street legal motorcycles:
1. Drivers MUST have a full face helmet meeting the SNELL, 2005 or newer rating.
2. Motorcycle must have a kill switch with lanyard if 11.99 or quicker.
3. Driver must have leather jacket.
4. Driver must have leather pants if 120mph or faster.
5. Driver must wear full finger leather gloves.
6. Driver must have leather high top shoes or boots.
7. Motorcycle must have a chain guard.
8. Motorcycle must have working taillight.
9. Motorcycle throttle must spring return.
10. Nitrous oxide is allowed, if securely mounted-DOT regulated.
11. Slicks are allowed.
12. No three-or four-wheelers of any kind.
13. If you run quicker than 9.99 seconds you must have an NHRA license.
For further information, come to the track on scheduled Wednesday nights and talk with the TECH personnel, or call Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis at 317-969-8600. NHRA rulebooks are on sale for $10.00 each. Look at the E.T. Bracket section and the General regulations sections for specific rules and requirements.
Budweiser Track Championship Sunday - Stock Car Series pres. by Visit Hendricks County
This Sunday, October 18th, is the final oval race of the year at Lucas Oil Raceway. The Champion Racing Association (CRA) will be sanctioning the event that will feature CRA Late Model Sportsman, CRA Street Stocks, and the Vore's Compact Touring Series' Front Wheel Drive Compacts.
The racing has been great family fun all year and looks to be another great race. If you haven't been to a race this year or ever at our oval, what better race to attend than the CHAMPIONSHIP?
10:00 - Pit Gates Open
11:30 - Drivers Meeting
12:15 - CRA Street Stocks Practice #1
12:30 - Vores Compacts Practice #1
12:45 - CRA Late Model Sportsman Practice #1
1:00 - CRA Street Stocks Practice #2 (Group Qualify)
1:15 - Vores Compacts Practice #2 (Group Qualify)
1:30 - CRA Late Model Sportsman #2 (Group Qualify)
2:00 - Race Program Begins
CRA Street Stocks 8 Lap Heat Races
Vores Compacts 8 Lap Heat Races
CRA Late Model Sportsman 8 Lap Heat Races
CRA Street Stocks 30 Lap Feature
Vores Compacts 20 Lap Feature
CRA Late Model Sportsman 30 Lap Feature
Adults only $15 (All seating is General Admission)
Kids 12 & Younger FREE
Indoor Seating: $20 upgrade (adults & children)
Pit Pass: $30
Car & Driver: $30
All spectators, racers and crew enter Main Gate off of U.S. Hwy. 136